Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Welcoming 2013!


It's a new year!  I always feel like a new year brings a fresh slate, an opportunity to make changes for the better that may have been hard to start in the middle of the year.  We don't make new year resolutions, I feel they're too easy to make and too easy to break.  I do set goals for the next year though.  Small and large goals, steps that will take me in a direction I wish to go.  Some of them are personal, some are family related, and some are always faith related. 

I like to take the first week of a new year and reflect on the past, focus on what I would like to change or improve, make note of those things in my life I'd like to completely get rid of, etc.  I'm not always good at sticking to my goals, sometimes they fall by the wayside in favor of things more important, or I realize they weren't that important to me in the first place and I don't want to devote time to them. 

My goals always change throughout the year, and I guess that's where I believe they differ from resolutions.  In my mind resolutions do not change, they're not living growing things, they are fixed and immovable and that's why they are harder to keep.  We need to be able to make changes, add or drop things as life happens.  We cannot know what tomorrow will bring, but we can plan for what we hope and then remain flexible for change as needed. 


I hope everyone had a wonderful beginning to 2013, and I pray whether you make resolutions, or goals, or whatever it is you do, that you are able to accomplish all you hope to this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Shall we have a little chat? I would love to hear what you have to say! (Please remember to be kind with your words.)