Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fear

No one is perfect.

I preface this post with that fact because I'm about to be vulnerable and expose my insecurities and imperfections.

So please remember, no one is perfect... not even you.

I have an 18 month old son.  In about 1 month I will have a brand new daughter.

I am afraid that I won't be able to handle it.  Mentally I've been preparing myself for the weeks of staying home, the inevitable difficulties of figuring out nursing, the pain, and I felt ready... until today.  Today I feel so unprepared!  I have no idea what to expect.  I only have one friend who has had children this close together.

Logically, I know that it is not I who needs to handle it, but God who will help me be the mother I should be for my two children.  But I am still afraid.

Incline Your ear, O Lord, and answer me; For I am afflicted and needy. 
Psalm 86:1 

In the day of my trouble I shall call upon You,
For You will answer me. 

Psalm 86:7

2 comments:

  1. :) Hi Sarah! I am enjoying your blog this afternoon while my girls nap. I just wanted to encourage you to know that even though it's really hard sometimes, the Lord will give you such strength to get through the days with two so close together. Mine are 17 months apart and I am tired most of the time and I fail miserably over and over again but at the same time, God graciously gives me forgiveness, humility to confess my sins even to my two year old, and my day is complete when she gives me her happy smile. You are a good mom (I know this because I read your facebook updates all the time!) and Oliver may go through a difficult time when Wynter first arrives but God will walk with you through all the changes. Even if Andrew can't take time off of work or finances are difficult - our God is constant and eternal, never-changing, never faltering, never sleeping. He wants you to fall into His arms when you are exhausted, and He will renew your strength. Let me know if you ever need to chat. I have just recently been where you and really still am in many ways with my bitties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah! I had forgotten that your two daughters are so close in age. I may be asking you many questions, or just wanting to chat in the near future to feel the understanding and support of someone who has been there.

    ReplyDelete

Shall we have a little chat? I would love to hear what you have to say! (Please remember to be kind with your words.)