Monday, February 27, 2012

Conquering the imaginary

Oliver ran into his room, playing, and ran straight into the corner of his changing table.  Of course it hurt and he started crying so I went to comfort him and right as I reached him I heard this kind of rattling sound... there's a million things it could have been but my mind went straight to "Rattle snake! Get out now!" so I grabbed Oliver and ran out of his room. 

I didn't know how I was going to check this out and make sure there wasn't one, or if there was one how do I find out and then what do I do?  So I texted Andrew, and I e-mailed him, but Oliver really wanted to play in his room so I finally came up with an idea...

How I check for rattle snakes.
Protected by snow boots (not sure how much they actually would have protected me), and armed with the broom, I went and peeked, and poked and searched, and listened until I was 100% sure that there was NOT a rattle snake in his room.  I probably looked ridiculous, but what if there had been a snake and I'd not been safe about checking or hadn't checked at all?  I'll take being ridiculous over being sorry any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shall we have a little chat? I would love to hear what you have to say! (Please remember to be kind with your words.)