Monday, December 12, 2011

The absolute best way to cook chicken!

The other day I tried something new.  It was an idea I'd had for a while, and had just never been brave enough to try.  A few of Andrew's favorite meals consist of chicken marinated in either terriyaki sauce, a lemon marinade, or barbeque sauce, with rice on the side.  It can be quite delicious, but not one of those has been a favorite of mine.  So, my idea was to cook the chicken with the marinade in the slow cooker, but I'd never tried it before.

Oh my goodness!  I don't think I'll ever cook chicken in the oven or on the stove again!!!  Slow cooker chicken is so tender and juicy and absolutely delicious!

So, here's what to do for the absolute best chicken you'll ever taste...

You'll need:
  • a slow cooker
  • boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • a marinade of your choosing
  • olive oil
Directions:
  1. Prep the chicken.  I normally rinse it and cut of any fat I don't want on there.
  2. Place the chicken in the slow cooker.  Drizzle olive oil over the chicken, then add about 1 1/2 cups marinade.
  3. Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
Voila!  Delicious chicken, and you only took a few minutes to get it going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shall we have a little chat? I would love to hear what you have to say! (Please remember to be kind with your words.)