Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Prayer and Praise

Turn to me and be gracious to me,
For I am lonely and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged;
Bring me out of my distresses.
Look upon my affliction and my trouble,
And forgive all my sins. 
Psalms 25:16-18

I wept today. I wept because of a mistake I made, because of sins I needed to confess to God, because I felt overwhelmed with frustration... I wept until the tears dried up.  Then, I begged God for forgiveness.

I still want to curl up into a little ball and hide, and I still feel like I've let some people down especially Andrew and Oliver.  So I searched Psalms to find a prayer that said what I needed to say and the Psalms above did.

Before I found that one though I found Psalms 8.  Psalms 8 is all about praising God.

O LORD, our Lord,
How majestic is Your name in all the earth,
Who have displayed Your splendor above the heavens! 

It reminded me of why we should praise God, even when we are having a bad day, or our troubles are weighing us down... we praise God simply because of who He is!  So even when it feels like our world is just tumbling down around us, we can still praise God... no matter what we can praise Him just because of who He is and what He did for us.

When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which You have ordained;
What is man that You take thought of him,
And the son of man that You care for him?
Yet You have made him a little lower than God,
And You crown him with glory and majesty!
You make him to rule over the works of Your hands;
You have put all things under his feet,
All sheep and oxen,
And also the beasts of the field,
The birds of the heavens and the fish of the sea,
Whatever passes through the paths of the seas. 

O LORD, our Lord,
How majestic is Your name in all the earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shall we have a little chat? I would love to hear what you have to say! (Please remember to be kind with your words.)